Nintendopolis
Login to post, edit your profile, and talk to everyone in the community!

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D Review

Go down

After reading this, what's your rating?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D Review

Post  SirJDL2 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:58 am

From Capcom, the critically acclaimed and popular Resident Evil franchise has spawned a new game, and it's the first of it's kind. A full Resident Evil Mercenary Arcade game!

This game has LOADS of content, from weapon loadouts, the option to switch loadouts between characters, a skill system, 8 playable characters, 8 playable costume charcters, 30 solo levels and 24
co-op levels, online playability, and etc.

You start the game out with training levels, which teach you how to play the game. These levels only give you the basics, so you'll have to learn certain "tricks" later on by yourself. After you finish the levels, you start getting to play on your own with no help, just remember what you've learned. You'll play through area's seen in RE4 and RE5 remade for the 3DS. Want to have a bit of a RE4 or RE5 feeling? Play a level with a charcter that matches the level they were originally in.

The gameplay is great on solo, no one to worry about, just you. However, the charcter animation of the enemies is skippy far away but up close it's fine. If you play online however, you deal with lag, which may fatally wreck or destroy your good game. Online Duo is great if you need help and can't do it alone, but you have to stick together cause in this mode of play, you can't resuscitate yourself and same for your partner, so you must heal your partner from a dying state as he/she must do to you. The animation is also worse on online play, and the game can sometimes glitch and numerous things can happen, from enemies that won't die to the timer reaching zero and your game won't end.

Other than these flaws, the game isn't really that new. It was a sub-game starting from Resident Evil 3, and it stuck. I've played all the mini-games from RE2 to RE4, and so far it's been great. Another thing about this game is you can't delete the data, it saves to the game card and won't come off, so if you buy it pre-owned, expect some things to be done already. The 3D, which is great in the game, actuallly is a nuisance, and can glare if you don't keep your hands still, messing and disorienting you for a moment.

Other than this, It's a great game and I give it a

Last edited by SirJDL2 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 7 times in total
SirJDL2
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Rupees : 20
Popularity : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D Review

Post  Lucaren on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:23 am

very nice review!
8.5/10
Lucaren
Admin
Admin

Rupees : 48
Popularity : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SirJDL2 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Thanks!
SirJDL2
Waddle Dee
Waddle Dee

Rupees : 20
Popularity : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucaren on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:50 am

I was thinking of buying this game but then i said screw it because it looked kinda boring doing the same missions.
But i still might buy it or wait for the new one.
Lucaren
Admin
Admin

Rupees : 48
Popularity : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SirJDL2 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:02 pm

If you do get it I'll teach you how to play
SirJDL2
Waddle Dee